This training will bring you basic RxJS skills! RxJS is more popular than ever. It is backed into the Angular core and also used in frameworks like React, Vue, and others! This doesn’t surprise as it leverages a powerful and elegant way to work with sync as well as async collections. In this workshop, you will get an overview of this library. We will learn about the concept, approach and implementation of RxJS! After a practical and detailed tour through observables we will implement our first stream-based code.
Day 1: Essentials in Reactive Programming
- Conceptual introduction to Rx
- Promise vs Observables
- Subscription callbacks
- How to use pipes
- Patterns and examples of operator combinations
- Multicasting with observables (singlecast / multicast),
- What is a subjects
As the last exercises we will solve several examples in the Rx-way.
Day 2: Advanced Skills
- Conceptual introduction to Rx implementation details
- Execution context and observables
- Subscription handling, explicit, implicit and single subscription management
- Error handling and tricks to encapsulate errors
- Memory leaks, how to find and avoid them
- Most handy pipes in comparison
- Custom configurable pipes
- Multicasting with observables
- Subjects and their differences
- Higher order Observables comparison and best usage
- Scheduling and execution contextes
As the last exercise, we will solve a couple of real-life problems in a complete example from start to end.
Michael is a developer, trainer and consultant with the focus on Angular and is located in Vienna, Austria. He gives workshops on Angular and RxJs. As Google Developer Expert, founder of Angular-Austria-Association and Angular-Vienna meetup, and speaker he is an active part of the community.
Jan-Niklas is an IT consultant mostly working on Angular projects. He helps companies designing and implementing large scaled applications.Developing clean and maintainable code is one of his main goals. Due to his passion for the Community, he is member of the RxJS Core Team and organizer of the NgNiederrhein Meetup.